Days of Architecture in South Tyrol
Guided tour in Merano
As versatile and contrasting as the culture is the architecture in South Tyrol. You find castles, exceptional palaces, monuments, villas, old farmhouses but also state-of-the-art architectural treasures - South Tyrol has a lot to offer in this respect.
As part of the project "Days of Architecture" various tours to selected architectural highlights throughout South Tyrol will be organized from the 25th to the 27th of May 2018. You have the opportunity to visit buildings that are normally not accessible to the public. Accompanied by the owners or architects of the buildings you will learn details and anecdotes about planning, implementation and construction of each site. The opportunity to look behind the façade of these buildings is a unique opportunity not only for lovers of architecture and arts but for all South Tyrol experts. During the guided tours you will rediscover various public and private buildings with exemplary architecture and will be able to live the spirit of these facilities.
Detailed program of the days of architecture:
- 25.05.18 Habitats in Bolzano
- 25.05.18 Living yesterday and today in Val Gardena
- 25.05.18 Eisacktal – culture of living
- 26.05.18 Architecture in dialogue (Val Venosta)
- 26.05.18 Historic inns from Termeno to Oberradein
- 26.05.18 Through the night with... (South Tyrolean South)
- 27.05.18 Ploseronda - around the Plose
- 27.05.18 Urban space Merano center
- 27.05.18 Urban spaces for people (Brunico)
- 26.05.18 Renovated Farms (Rodenego and Montagna)
The Hotel Therme Merano is also regarded as an architectural jewel and therefore a stop of the Merano tour includes a visit of the Hotel Therme containing a tour of the spectacular Sky Spa.
Tour 8 - Urban area Merano center
Date: Sunday, 27.05.2018
Time: 9.30 am – 1 pm
Start: “Passeierer Tor”
- Steinach quarter: past special residential buildings, over the Steinach square through the “Hallergasse” to the upper “Pfarrplatz”.
- Visit of the museum "Palais Mamming", completion 2016
- Suiteseven, 2017 - 2018: new designed city hotel in the upper arcades
- Weißes Rössl, 2017: Redesign of a “arcade house” in the lower arcades
- Merano Municipal, 1928 - 1932: walk from street “Galilei” to street “Sparkasse” up to the Hotel Therme Merano
- Extension of the Hotel Therme Merano, 2016 - 2017: Last stop is the Hotel Therme Merano with a visit of the new rooftop well-being area “the Sky Spa” (guided tour with general manager Rudi Theiner)
The half-day or full-day tours will either take place on foot by private car, bicycle or bus. Please note that the number of participants is limited. Price, registration and all other important details you will find under the following adress.
Further information & registration:
Architecture Foundation South Tyrol
Tel. +39 0471 302 813