The start of the cold season in South Tyrol goes hand in hand with the opening of the Christmas Markets, also in Merano of course. Now, the Alpine holiday destination lights up as a winter paradise for old and young, and awaits guests to stroll through along the promenades decorated with light garlands. The Christmas Market in Merano is not only known for its charming small stalls, its high-quality regional products and the hearty hospitality, but also for its harmonious atmosphere, which fills the old town of Meran during Advent.
The Christmas Markets are ideal for getting to know the alpine destination Merano from a different point of view. The local Christmas Markets are also very popular amongst locals. One of the reasons is of course the comfortable togetherness with the popular Christmas drink, namely mulled wine. The mulled wine is made from regional wine and a mix of Christmas spices like cinnamon and cloves.
Hotel Terme Merano is located directly at the Christmas Market in Meran and enchants guests with Christmas offers like the hotel's Christmas forest. Enjoy also the spectacular view above the Christmas Market from the relax room and the Infinitypool of the Sky Spa.
- 22nd November - The young talents of the Luciano Pavarotti Foundation performing at the Kurhaus
- 23rd November - Grand opening of the Christmas markets of Merano with live music
- 6th December 2017 - Saint Nicholas procession in the center of Merano
- 8th December - Concert with the Merano Pop Symphony Orchestra & Audio 2
- 16th December - 6th January - Guided city tours with laterns
- 31st December /1st January - New Year's Eve in Merano, live music, attractions and a midnight special